Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wise Words: Change Your Mind, Change Your Life

“It is the small doubts of timid souls that accomplish their ruin. It is the narrow vision, the fear and trembling hesitation, that constitute defeat.” – Alice Foote MacDougall
 
If you missed yesterday’s ‘Lifeclass,’ you missed a treat. During the show, Oprah and Pastor Joel Olsteen talked about changing your live by switching how you speak to yourself. Why? Negative talk can drag you down faster than any enemy.

I’ve struggle with self-doubt my entire life. When I was in school pulling in A’s, I’d chalk it up to being lucky rather than smart, and when I started writing more in college and people would tell me they liked my work, I thought they were just being nice. At every turn I discounted my abilities and told myself I was not special or different or talented. I just got lucky.

These types of thoughts can be destructive. Every time we tell ourselves we are not good enough, are too fat, too skinny, too slow, too loud, too unworthy we cement these things in our life. Instead of opening up spaces for breakthroughs, we are closing the doors of opportunity.

So let’s switch it up. Starting from today let’s speak positivity and self-acceptance into our lives. Even if you don’t feel worthy at the moment, tell yourself you are valuable anyway. Tell yourself: “I am strong, I am beautiful, I am capable, I am resilient, I am powerful”—or any other thing you really want to be underneath your doubts.

Once we build a habit of speaking positivity in our lives we will notice that the obstacles won’t seem as daunting and the opportunities will begin rolling in.

Say something nice to yourself, Clutchettes.

Courtesy of www.clutchmagonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment