Tips to get started:
- Get photos taken of yourself. It is best to get professional pictures done unless you know someone that takes really good photos.
- When taking photos you don't want to wear unflattering clothing or too sexy clothing. Also the less makeup the better.
- Tattoos can also be a problem when trying to be a model. It is better to not have any tattoos or at least don't have them on common places like arms, legs, top of breast and etc.
- Research the company before you submit your info. That way you know what their requirements are.
- Stay on top of the industry. Always look for open casting calls. Places like Twitter, Facebook and modeling agencies will announce when new open calls are coming.
- Watch out for scams. There are people out there that will try you.
I have to repeat that you must also do your own research before making any decisions. Always be aware of scams. I hope this information was helpful and if you have any further questions just ask.
***I have listed some but not all plus size modeling agencies. Take a look at their websites to get all the information you would need.
IPM Model Management
304 Park Avenue South 11th flr.
New York NY, 10010
Wilhelmina Models – Curve division
300 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10010
Dorothy Combs Models (plus only)
12550 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 500
North Miami, Florida 33181
35 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
80 Vine St Suite 203
Seattle, WA 98121
Requirements: 5’8″ and up, sizes 10+
Seattle Models Guild
1809 7th Ave # 608
Seattle, WA 98101
Requirements: 5’8″ and up, size 14+
TCM Models & Talent
2200 6th Ave. Suite 530
Seattle, WA 98121
Requirements: 5’8″ and up, size 12-20
Our agency is based in Sydney Australia
Phone: +61 2 9552 2228