Negative comments, the media and your own insecurities can get in the way of a positive body image. I want to give you some tips on things you can do to help you have a positive body image.
- Write yourself positive body image messages everywhere. Put them on all your mirrors, in your wallet, on books and magazines, on the refrigerator and etc. That can keep you in a positive and happy state of mind.
- Keep a body image journal. Write down how you feel about your body everyday and read it over at least once every two weeks. That can help you understand why you have a negative body image and think about how you can change how you feel.
- Understand, accept and love your body BEFORE you make any changes to it. Thinking that if you change things like lose tons of weight quickly or any other drastic thing will automatically make you happy, it wont. Take things slow and make sure your making these changes in the right state of mind.
- Stand up for yourself to people who make negative comments. Standing up for yourself gives you power and when people see you wont tolerate it they will stop.
- Tell yourself you are beautiful as much as possible, even when you don't feel like you are. Everything is in your mind. Don't get in your own way of feeling beautiful.
- Speak with someone going through the same issues. Speaking with someone that can relate and understand your situation is a great opportunity to uplift each other. Working with someone can have you look at things from a different perspective.
- Most important thing is to just BE YOU. Don't try to be anyone other than yourself. Don't compare yourself to anyone other than yourself. Don't change for anyone other than yourself.
Peace & Love