Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday's From Me to You

Cheers to the freaking weekend Ladies,

Life is always a revolving door. Somethings and people come and go but always remain true to yourself. Through life curve balls will come your way all the time and situations you though would never happen are now happening. Is your blissful relationship over??? Are you and your best friend now enemies??? Are you depressed but remembered how you was always the fun and bubbly one??? We have to remember that through it all we have to never lose ourselves or get involved in a situation that is not beneficial to the betterment of your life.

I have been thinking a lot lately of the friends I had from middle school to about a couple years ago. We were tight I considered them my best friends and it was always the four of us. As of now I speak to none of them. Crazy right!!! Wondering what happened???? Well life changed things. I settled down and started to have children. Settling down and then having children changes everything in your life and my friends just didn't understand that I couldn't be a party girl anymore. Looking back on it I can see that a true friend wouldn't put there friend on the back burner because she decided to settle down. I know now it was definitely for the better.

As mentioned before I am newly single and I want to touch on that as well. I have spent a good amount of years loving someone and we went through a lot. I just feel we have out grown each other. I was no longer happy. He wasn't the man I wanted him to be and I couldn't see spending the rest of our lives together even though we do have children together. Your views on your relationship when you are young should be very different when you get older. That was my situation. When I was younger what I wanted in a relationship is very different than what I want now. I though we would grow together but we just out grew each other. Being in the stage of my life now I was able to end the relationship on a good note. I still love him as my daughters father but we were just not meant to be.

I'm saying all of that to say this, do what you feel is right for your life. We all would love to keep our best friends or that first love but if they are not helping you grow as a woman then it is time to move on. I am very selective now of who I befriend and who I will date because I only want people in my life that is on the same page as I am. We all have to be on the same level in maturity and other aspects. I will not comprise my happiness just to keep a friend or a man. I know where I am going in my life and I will not let anyone get in my way.

Make sure you surround yourself with people that can help you grow. Sometime we have to let the closest people in our lives go just to be happy and reach our goals. Its hard but its worth it. It doesn't have to be anything in a negative way. Just focus on all the positivity in you life.

Like always I'm here for support or to answer any questions.


Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment