Friday, July 13, 2012

Confidence, Sex, and the Plus Size Woman pt.2

Some women are so caught up in what their bodies look like and how it moves that sometimes they forget to let go of their inhibitions. Do you feel afraid to step into a room, to be with someone you love in the most intimate way , or to feel the exhilaration of an orgasm? All because you were are too worried about how your body is going to betray you?

I won’t lie to you and say I have always felt confident. There were times when I worried about the jiggle in my butt and the roll on my waist. I worried about my breasts ; questioning if they were just as beautiful as a Victoria’s Secret model. I got so gosh darn tired of feeling bad about myself. Then one day I looked at my husband, a man I have been in love with since I was 19 and married to for eleven years. I was in a t-shirt and shorts, just finished working out and I looked (what I thought was) my absolute worst. All he could think about and talk about was how sexy and beautiful I looked!

Since THAT moment, I realized that even at my worst, I was still a fox. So! All inhibitions went out the window!


This moment reminded me of the book/movie Eat, Pray, Love. In the movie, Julia Roberts’s friend is terrified to eat another bite of pizza because she has gained ten pounds. Julia Roberts asks her if a man has ever walked out of a room right before they are going to make love? Her friend tells her no and Julia Roberts tells her that is because “he feels like the luckiest man in the world. He feels like he just won the lottery. He is in a room with a naked woman and about to make love to her.”

She hit the nail right on the head! Your partner does not care ( or should not) about all of your imperfections. Your partner is simply excited to be in the moment and YOU should be too!

For the continuation if part 2 visit http://thecurvyfashionista.mariedenee.com/2012/07/confidence-sex-and-the-plus-size-woman-pt-2/


No comments:

Post a Comment