Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's From Me To You

TGIF Ladies,

I'm so happy the weekend is here so I can attempt to get some sleep (lol). So I posted yesterday about overweight women having eating disorders and I can't stop thinking about it. That's what I want to touch on today.

I have came to the conclusion that I am a binge eater. I can not control how much I eat at times even when I tell myself to put something down. I've always thought that I can control it on my own, but I'm starting to think that maybe I can't. I do really good with eating healthy, but when I hit rough patches in my life that all goes out the window. I am a stress and emotional eater. So when I'm not happy I eat and eat and eat.

I also have someone close to me that has body image and eating issues. I don't have body image issues but I definitely understand her eating disorder more. She does a combination of things. She may starve herself for a bit or binge eat a bit. She used to be overweight as a younger girl but she is now smaller. She is not skinny but she's at a healthy weight for her. I've always been worried for her doing drastic things to not gain weight, but I am not starting to worry about my own health.


I always told her to seek counseling or any type of help and I am now going to take my own advice. I plan to seek some sort of help to help me get my eating and health on the right path. I encourage anyone that knows someone going through the same thing or if you yourself are going through any type of eating disorders to get help.

Eating disorders are dangerous and can become deadly. I want to get my health back on track before its too late. Never assume that because a person is overweight or happy that they can not or will never have an eating disorder. Definitely don't ignore the signs either. If their eating habit are all over the place and not normal say something. Also have a talk with that person. Let them know your concerns and that your here to help. DO NOT approach them in a negative way or they will not be receptive to what you have to say.

If you are suffering from any type of eating disorder or you think you may be on the verge of starting one TELL SOMEONE. Get help or reach out to someone you know that you trust. Don't be scared of what people will think. Your health is most important.

Like always I'm always here for support or questions.

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment