Thursday, January 8, 2015

My First Week of Doing Whole 30

I didn't even notice it has been an entire week of doing Whole 30. Whole 30 is clean eating to the next level. You will still eat lean meats, vegetables, and fruit, but you cannot have any dairy, grains, or sugar of any kind. You also cannot eat legumes, consume alcohol, and you are limited on ingredients in foods and seasonings. Whole 30 is free and takes you back to the basics.
What is the Whole30®?  
Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it. Are your energy levels inconsistent or non-existent? Do you have aches and pains that can’t be explained by over-use or injury? Are you having a hard time losing weight no matter how hard you try? Do you have some sort of condition (like skin issues, digestive ailments, seasonal allergies or fertility issues) that medication hasn’t helped? These symptoms may be directly related to the foods you eat – even the “healthy” stuff. So how do you know if (and how) these foods are affecting you?  
Strip them from your diet completely. Cut out all the psychologically unhealthy, hormone-unbalancing, gut-disrupting, inflammatory food groups for a full 30 days. Let your body heal and recover from whatever effects those foods may be causing. Push the “reset” button with your metabolism, systemic inflammation, and the downstream effects of the food choices you’ve been making. Learn once and for all how the foods you’ve been eating are actually affecting your day to day life, and your long term health.
I figured since I eat clean majority of the time and now that the holidays are over lets see if I can give this a shot. Grocery shopping was a breeze and so was food prepping. I had to eliminate my Chex cereal, oatmeal, Quest bars, and artificial sweetener (used only for my coffee). I also switched the sausage I was eating.

This past week has been great. Although I would like to have coffee with creamer and sugar, I am fine without it. I do not crave anything that is not allowed and I am enjoying trying new foods I never have tried. I am also more aware of ingredients in foods, including meats, so I am eating as organic as possible.

Let's be real I am a single mom of three so I have to shop on a budget so not everything I eat is organic and that's fine. I look forward to completing these thirty days and seeing the end results. If you would like more information and/or want to join in the fun visit www.whole30.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment