Monday, January 19, 2015

What Happens When The Weightloss Slows Down

I was beyond excited when I hit 40 pounds down. Up until this day I have had a steady loss of a few pounds a week minus the moments in October and December when I fell off a little and gained some weight. Although they say it is not healthy to weight yourself often, I do. I find weighing myself helps me stay on track and push myself to see those numbers go down. Lets be real... my numbers have to go down by a lot at this point. I am still high in the 200s so seeing the numbers go down is very important.

So for months I have been seeing at least 2 pounds down a week but ever since I hit the 40 pound mark I am stalling out. I have not lost one pound since then. I am still eating clean and working out 6 days a week so what gives???? It is frustrating to see me hit a plateau and I want no parts of it. I spent the weekend reevaluating my food intake and workout regimen and I am implementing some changes.

First I am increasing my calories. That might seem like I am going backwards, but I don't think so. I have been eating around 1200 a day and sometimes it was difficult to even reach that. I used to think that I needed to stay between 1000-1200 to lose weight quickly, but I am starting to think I may be going into starvation mode. I don't want my body to think I am not getting enough calories which will lead into a slower metabolism and slow weightloss. I will now be eating 1400 calories a day. I spoke with someone about my calories and they think upping them would be great since I have increased my fitness regimen.

Secondly I will change around my workout routine. I will continue to go to the gym as much as I can which I mainly use for full body strength training. That will be a minimum two days a week unless I can find ways to go more often. I will still be doing P90 for the time being but I am not sure for how long. Here's the thing with P90... The workouts will increase for Phase B this month but I am not sure if it is enough cardio for me. I will see how things go in these next few weeks to determined if I continue to follow the 90 day program (I do like the workouts though). I will also be adding more cardio everyday through Zumba. Zumba was a big help in the beginning of me losing weight and I will be bringing it back in addition to doing P90. The amount of time I do Zumba will depend on the day and the other workouts I do. I ordered the new Zumba bundle too and I am super excited to try it out!

It's common to hit a plateau while losing weight but that shouldn't atop us. That's just our body telling us it is time to switch things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment