Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm the Biggest Girl in The Gym

Finally deciding to get healthy is a big step for anyone. Regardless of size, health is the most important factor to maintain. I congratulate all of you who have starting and are currently working hard to become and living healthy. It is no secret that I am battling my own weight loss and healthy journey. After many years of not actually working out in the gym (I usually work out at home) I have signed up with my love to get back in there.

I have found that I will work harder and stay focused if I have other people around me, not to mention I'm spending money on it. When walking to the cardio equipment, I was surveying the area and sure enough I was the biggest person in the room. Did that stop me....NOPE! Many women and men tend to shy away from gyms and other fitness areas because they are scared to show their larger bodies and ultimately feeling judged by others. I sometimes feel that way too. Its always in the back of my mind what others may think but IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS!

The other gym members do not know your story. It is up to you to stay focused on your goal and strive for the best. Just think about the end result and how happy you will be when you reach your goal of a healthier life. I wanted to give you a few tips to make it easier to handle being the big girl in the gym.
  • There will being other plus size people at the gym even if you are bigger than them just know that you are not alone in your journey.

  • If possible bring a friend you can talk to. It will keep your mind off of everyone else.

  • Create a workout plan. This will keep you focused on your tasks.

  • Take your time and do it right! Do not kill or hurt yourself trying to do things you can't handle.

  • Say positive messages to yourself to keep you going.

  • Wear cute a colorful workout clothes.

  • If you need help, ask the staff. Most gyms provide trainers or staff to help you with equipment.

  • REMEMBER YOUR HEALTH COMES FIRST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment