- Arrive on time. Being late is very rude and inconsiderate. I do understand that emergencies happen but your date should be informed if that occurs.
- Dress appropriate for your date. It will be very uncomfortable for your date if you are dress like you are going somewhere else.
- Engage in conversation. Nothing is more awkward than silence on the first date. Get to know each other by asking questions and allowing him to learn about you as well.
- BE YOURSELF, let him get to know you for who you are. Relax and let things flow.
- End the date on your terms. You don't have to kiss, go home with him, or anything else you don't want to do.
- Never talk about sex. Sex should never be a topic when on a first date. It gives the impression that you may want to do something after the date.
- Never talk about past relationships. It is EXTREMELY awkward to listen to someone your interested in talk about an ex.
- Don't order the salad. Ordering a salad to give the illusion you don't eat much is silly. If you want a steak, order one.
- No negative body talk. Making jokes about your body will not make light of the date (No pun intended) You want him to respect your body so you have to lead by example.
- Don't allow yourself to feel pressured to do anything you don't want to do.
Of course not all dates will be perfect, but these tips can help you have a great date. Leave him wanting more.
**Look out for Part 5: The follow up after the date next Friday**