Tuesday, April 2, 2013

FAT...The Angry Description

I was talking with someone a few days ago. She was very upset with someone else and was venting. Now while she was explaining to me why this person made her upset she included the description of her being fat. I understand when people are upset they can say things that could be hurtful. Although that person was not around to hear that, it still made me think.

Usually when you are in a happy/joyful mood you usually would not include fat in the description of someone. What makes us use negative words when we are angry? Calling another person fat is the ultimate hit below the belt. Specially if it is said to someone very insecure about their weight. I can remember growing up and the word fat was enough to make me cry. After many years I became desensitized to it. If I was to be called fat now I would tell them to think of something more clever.

When you are called fat that's usually the only thing they can think of to hurt you. I'm not saying that that person said it to deliberately hurt the other, but it is a word said out of anger. Being angry is followed by negativity. We must understand that calling someone else fat out of anger proves and shows nothing more than what we already see and know. We also must know that to be called fat is something that should be taken lightly. You already know your weight so they didn't say anything to you that you didn't already know. Being called FAT should not be your confidence and self-esteem kyrptonite.

In the world we live in today you have to build tough skin. If being called fat is the worst thing someone can call you then you are in for a rude awakening. When you show people being called fat will not make or break you, they will eventually stop calling you that. Take a stand for yourself and your body. Turn that negative word into a happy one.

Have a FAT and HAPPY day Loves ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment