Friday, March 1, 2013

What The Hell Does Think Like a Skinny Person Mean????

So I was waking up out my sleep and on my TV (yes I sleep with my TV on) was an infomercial about a new weight loss gimmick. Since my eyes were still closed I paid close attention to what the man was saying and it annoyed the hell out of me. He kept saying that his weight loss method will help you think like a skinny person.

What the hell does think like a skinny person mean. He didn't focus on weight loss for health or body image. His main goal seemed to be to make people believe you have to think like a skinny person to lose weight. BUT not all skinny people are healthy, not all skinny people eat healthy.....NOT ALL SKINNY PEOPLE ARE THE PICTURE OF WEIGHT LOSS, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.

It pisses me off that some people are still trying to push the notion that skinny means healthy and over weight means death. Just because someone has a larger frame does not mean they are unhealthy. I am overweight but I also live a healthy lifestyle. I know that even if I do lose a lot of weight I will still have a full figured frame. Ladies big or small we must not fall into the mindset that skinny mean healthy and happy because it doesn't.

Loving yourself and your body will make you happy and living a healthy lifestyle will make you healthy. People speak on what they don't know out of ignorance. Educate yourself on what decision you want to make about your body and embrace it. You are worth far more than your weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment