Monday, March 4, 2013

Wellness Check

It has been a very long time since I have done a wellness check with you guys. I didn't want to bore you doing them every week or every other week. I am hoping you are all still on your journey to a healthier life. I was in a rut for a while but about a couple of weeks ago I got the motivation I have been looking for. My eating has been awesome as well as my exercising.

My Eating
I was looking for any type of motivation to get me back to eating clean like I did a couple years ago and I found that motivation in a juicer. I watched a movie called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". It was about an over weight man that did a 60 day juice fast to regain his health back. I was so inspired by his story I went out and bought a juicer. I went back and forth about whether to do a fast or not and I decided I wouldn't be able to do a fast based on my hectic schedule. I decided that I will however make one juice a day at least five days a week. Juicing has completely changed my eating for the better. I barely have any cravings for processed foods and I have been able to focus on healthy over what taste good. Although I eat clean mostly I do allow myself to have certain things like bagels, I love bagels LOL, without me ending up craving other processed foods. I am so amazed but ecstatic about it.

My Exercise
OMG I hate working out LOL. I am not a big fitness fanatic and was struggling to find some type of motivation. Even though I do a lot of running around all day I still want to get a little workout in. After doing really good with my eating I knew working out will make my results that much better. I decided to do two March challenges. One is a squat challenge and the other it a strength training challenge. So far I can barely walk LOL but I am doing very well. I never feel like doing it but it only takes about a half hour to do and I feel so good after it's done. I'm starting off slow so I don't plan to add anything else in for exercise this month.

Overall
I am doing great. I am happy to be out my rut and going strong. Between eating mostly clean and a bit of exercise I am losing about a pound or two almost everyday. I am beyond amazed by that but I am happy to be back on track. My energy is up, I am in better moods and I am looking towards my goal to get back into my pre-twin pregnancy pants.

I hope your still on track to your goal and if you are in a rut don't worry you will get through it. If I could do it then you can too. You are strong so never doubt yourself. I am here if you have any questions about healthy eating, juicing or my exercise routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment