Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Are You Really Accepting Your Body if You Want to Lose Weight???

So I follow this group on Facebook and yesterday one of the administrators wrote a long post about how they are all about people accepting their body but you don't really accept your body if you want to lose weight. Just about all the replies were people disagreeing with them. I am one of those people who disagreed.

First I am all about everyone loving their body at any size. I feel size acceptance is important and we must promote that. However, we can not ignore the fact the some people need to or want to lose weight. Who are we to judge what people feel is best for them. Now I don't not encourage people to lose weight for the wrong reasons or to be unhealthy. It is all about loving your body, yourself and living a healthy life style. You don't have to be a size 2 to be healthy.

Secondly when we love our bodies we want to treat our bodies right. We may decide that it would be best to lose some weight or get to a healthier weight. That doesn't mean we don't like our bodies that means that we do love our bodies enough to admit when we need to make a change. I love every inch of me but I am also in the process of getting to a smaller size. Do I want to be skinny?? Absolutely not. I don't have a exact weight or size I want to be but I do know I want to lose weight.

We can all promote size acceptance but we cannot tell people they are wrong if they do something you don't agree with. Everyone knows what is best for them. So love your body and make changes as you see fit. You are the only one that can make you happy.

Peace & Love

2 comments:

  1. AFTER I HAD MY BABY IN 2011, I WAS A SIZE 18. DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT WAS A CS I COULDN'T HIT THE GYM UNTIL 6 MONTHS LATER. NOW I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET BACK TO MY REGULAR SIZE 14 THAT I ACTUALLY FAINTED AT THE GYM AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS OF WORKING OUT 5 DAYS A WEEK.

    I WAS TOLD I WASN'T EATING PROPERLY WHILE STILL BREAST FEEDING AND GYMING AT THE SAME TIME. SO I TOOK TIME OFF AND BREASTFED MY LITTLE ANGEL FOR 1 YEAR AND 2 MONTHS. I INDULGEDDDDDDDDDDD MYSELF IN ALL THE FOOD I WOULD NEVER EAT BEFORE.....I MOVED FROM A SIZE 18 TO A SIZE 24 IN 8 MONTHS....TELL YOU WHAT, I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF SO MUCH I DIDN'T NOTICE I COULD HARDLY WEAR ANY CLOTHS...WENT SHOPPING BOUGHT A FEW SIZE 24'S AND TOLD MYSELF I WOULD LOSE WEIGHT.......OF COURSE I DIDN'T UNTIL IT BECAME A HEALTH PROBLEM......ONE AFTERNOON I SAT ON THE FLOOR PLAYING WITH MY TODDLER AND COULDN'T GET UP....I WAS ON ONE KNEE AND I COULDN'T PUSH MYSELF UP TO STAND.......I WAS SO FAT, HEAVY AND UNHEALTHY......I BROKE DOWN AND CRIED SO MUCH.....MY HUSBAND FINALLY CAME AND HELPED ME UP AND GENTLY TOLD ME IT WAS TIME I LOOKED INTO GETTING HEALTHY BY LOOSING WEIGHT.....

    I AGREED. JOINED THE GYM AGAIN...STARTED WORKING OUT AT 112KG AND SIZE 24. ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS AND AM NOW 98KG AND A SIZE 18. ITS WORTH IT, AM STILL GOING TO THE GYM, MY CLOTHS ARE BEGINNING TO FIT ME, I LOOK FORWARD TO WEARING MY SIZE 14'S SOMEDAY - EVEN IF ITS THE NEXT 1 YEAR - I WILL PACE MYSELF, NO HURRY, NO STRESS, I ENJOY WORKING OUT NOW, ITS NOT A BURDEN.....SO YOU SEE, I AM STILL A PLUS SIZE BUT HAPPY AND HEALTHY....THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

    ReplyDelete