Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5 Thing You Need to Know to Recoup After Heartbreak

I don't post often about relationships. but I am compelled to post about things in relationships that can effect the way we feel about ourselves. After considering what I should write about today I feel like I should share a few tips to help you get through a tough breakup. I recently ended a 7 year on and off again relationship with someone and through this roller coaster of love I have experienced many thing you all can relate to. Being that it is finally over I would love to share great tips to help you through your journey of moving on from a relationship.


  1. Understand that you tried. If you know you pull in a great effort to make yo relationship work and it doesn't, YOU TRIED. Relationships are not 50%-50%, they are 100%-100% and both parties have to equally give their all.
  2. It may be cliche but EVERYTHING DOES HAPPEN FOR A REASON. Not everyone is meant to be and this break may open the door for you to find your true love.
  3. Sometimes it is them and not you. That line rings true sometimes. Maybe he wasn't ready for the same things you were ready for and that is ok.
  4. Do not blame yourself if they cheated. That was decision that person made not you. If they were unhappy, cheating is never the answer. Cheating is a coward move NEVER blame yourself for others actions.
  5. LIFE GOES ON! I know, I know it is easier said than done, but trust me you will survive and move on.
There is nothing worse than thinking less of yourself for a failed relationship and trust me I know what it is like to leave a very complicated relationship (including if children is involved). You should never sell yourself short for a relationship that is not making you happy and you should never risk your happy to be in a relationship. You want a better relationship you have to make the changes on your end to make sure find love with someone that is giving you what you need to be happy. Know your worth and never settle for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment