Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Textured Nail DIY

Ok guys this is my first official DIY project. I thought it would be fun to share as I plan to do more DIYs with a variety of different things. So today I am going to create a textured nail design. I am a nail polish fanatic and I love to experiment to keep my nails fun. For this type of nail you will need:
2 different nail colors and a sponge

The first step is to completely paint you nails with one color. Figure out whatever color you want to be your base coat and go over your nails twice.
I am a messy nail painter LOL

Once your nails have dried, you should pour a pea size amount of the other nail polish on a surface of your choosing.
  
 
Now dip a small part of the sponge into the polish. Don't use too much polish though. Make sure the sponge is covered, but it should not be able to drip. Clean off any access polish if that happens. Now all you do is tap you nail with the sponge until you like the design. The design will depend on the area of the sponge and how much you apply. This is the fun part! and drum roll please
....................................................................................................................................................................
  
 
And there you have it, a textured nail, just clean the nail up and you are all ready to go! It took me a while to get them exactly how I wanted them, but it was fun. I will be doing more of these and sharing them. Let me know how your nails turn out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment