Friday, November 15, 2013

5 Ways to Get Clothing and Shoes for Less!!!

So this morning I was talking to a male coworker and he asked me how many pair of shoes I own. To be honest I don't know the exact number but I do know it's a lot. He asked because his girlfriend has a hard time making her shoes last in the job market she is in. Talking with him actually brought me to the realization that I hardly ever pay retail for something. I am what I call a clearance queen and usually only shop sales. Those who know me knows that if I paid retail for something it was something I could not live without.

Learning to look fabulous on an extremely tight budget has made me research and be able to find great items for less. I am not a label whore so I do not care who the designer is. As long as it looks good, I'm fine with that. I want to share with you how I got my huge shoe collection and great clothing items for less.

  1. Sign up for company newsletters. Not only will you get first looks at new fashions but usually they will give their newsletter readers special discounts.
  2. Become VIP or sign up for a reward program. You get great perks for these services. Places like ShoeDazzle will give you a standard discount for simply being VIP. Other places like DSW will give you huge discounts on items through the mail for being a reward member (I just got a 20 dollar off coupon).
  3. Follow companies on Twitter, Facebook and etc. Companies will give perks, discounts and giveaways through social media.
  4. Always visit their websites and stores. Check constantly to see if something you have been looking at has went on sale. That way you can get it before its gone or if it was sold out, someone may have returned one and they put it back on the site or location.
  5. Reach out to the company. Reaching out to the company and letting know how you feel about their items can lead you to getting a discount on an item.
It is very easy to save money when shopping, you just have to put a little effort in on your end and build those relationships with the companies you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment