Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Landmark Theatre Window Project

I was blessed to get one of the 44 windows that surround Syracuse's Landmark Theatre. The window display is to promote your business, but it will also kick off Syracuse Fashion week. I am having a blast designing and creating looks. I have to admit that styling a person is one thing but to create an entire window display is very nerve racking. Will I do enough?, will it be cute?, will people like it?????

Now for the month of September the window will be decorated as you see fit, BUT, on the 12th we have to have a live fabulous model in the window (how cool is that) to kick of Syracuse Fashion Week. I have a great plus size model and I am definitely looking forward to this Thursday.


Another great thing about this project is that I created and made the skirts both my dress form and model is wearing (I'm a jack of all trades lol). Since I have been sewing since the age of 5 I have made many pieces and thought this would be a great opportunity to go all in. My window is complete and set up and now I just wait until Friday for the event.


I encourage all of you to come and check it out. It will start at 7:30pm and an after party will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment