Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Day in Harlem, NY Part 2

My day in Harlem was great. I met great people, had great food, and did some shopping. I was ready to hit the streets at night and see what fun we could have. First let me say I did not pack accordingly. I packed a ton of skirts and only a few pants and a couple flat shoes, but the pants I packed didn't flow and I hated the flats I brought. So I don't know what I was thinking when I packed them.

Our first thought was to go to a club BUT my friend forgot her i.d. (I don't know how that happen lol). The next thing to do was hit up Time Square. My biggest problem is that it takes me forever to get dressed and out of all the clothes I never like anything. It got a lot colder than I thought it would so I know I needed to wear pants. The pants I brought though was not making the cut. So I opted for what I call a blackout. A blackout is an all black outfit with little color added. The only shoes I liked was my combat boots. So there you have it a thrown together outfit.

As we go to walk out of the hotel, it is pouring. That's right it is raining pretty heavy. That pretty much killed the mood. How could we enjoy walking around NYC holding an umbrella. That killed the night. Instead we got some White Castle (another first for me) and chilled in our room. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep and I was out cold. The next morning it was time to hit the road and it was definitely bittersweet. I was happy to get home to my 3 little ones but I loved Harlem and wanted to stay longer. The drive home was cool and we even stopped at an outlet to check out some stores. Not to mention they had stores like Versace, Tom Ford, and Gucci just to name a few. A girl can dream can't I lol.

Overall the trip was so much fun and I will definitely be back to the city.

 

 
 
Don't worry NYC I will be back!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment