Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I'mmmmmm Baaaaaaack

These past few months have been an up and down roller coaster for me health and fitness wise. It started mainly when I hit my plateau, which I am still currently in. I have not been able to get under 273 and boy has that driven me crazy, but here's what I have been up to...

~ I did not complete the Whole30 challenge. I think that is part of what created my plateau in the first place. I strayed away from what was working for me food wise. I was pretty balanced with my food choices and although Whole30 isn't a bad choice it just shifted things for me. I think it may have threw me off of my balanced plan.

~ My workouts were pretty structured until I started P90. Once I started P90 my weight loss slowed drastically which I think was the other part of my plateau. I used to do steady cardio mainly through Zumba and P90 slowed my cardio down by a lot. After stopping P90 I picked back up my cardio, but I am not hitting it as hard as I used to unfortunately.

~ The main reason my workouts and eating went left after Whole30 and P90 was because of digestive issues. At the end of January I started having digestive issues and I couldn't really eat or workout. I started to just eat whatever to take some calories in. I eventually went to see a doctor in February, but right after seeing her my body just kind of fixed itself lol. I was prescribed a few things to take if I have more issues later on (thankfully I have not).

~ Now lets get into my doctor visits. I initially sought her out for my digestive issues, anemia, and my weight loss plateau. After running countless test my digestive issues were not due to a medical condition. We think it was due to doing the Whole30. My anemia is still severe and I am still on iron for that. My lack of weight loss so far is not related to a medical condition. My thyroid did test a little off but not to the point that I need medication so I have to go back in April to get it tested again.

Sooo after all of this I am now focused on breaking my plateau and continuing on in my journey. I am now working out 6 days a week and twice on Tues, Thurs, and Fridays. I am working on cleaning up my diet and getting back to the basics that helped me lose the weight in the beginning. With the weather getting nicer I will be able to be more active specially with my kids and I am so looking forward to that.

No more saying I will do....It's all about saying I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment