Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You're in a Relationship......BUT He's Not!

Listening to the radio this morning, a woman calls in for advise about her relationship. She is seeing a man and just had a baby but technically/kind of/sort of/not really but really in a relationship with him. He wants her to be committed and faithful to him yet they don't have an official or titled relationship. So basically she's in a relationship but he is not. SMH!


I can however relate to her story. I have been where she is but ladies this is not a place where you want to be. We are often settling for a bullshit type of relationship just to be in a relationship and for what???? To say we have a man while behind closed doors you really don't. Men will only do to us what we allow. So while we sitting here staying faithful to a man that isn't doing the same, you are setting yourself up for heart break. If we don't put our initial needs on the table in the beginning, men will try and get away with everything they can.

It's crazy because through my own rollercoaster relationship with my children father, whom I've shared with you guys a few times before, I can say I am finally free from the stress, drama and frustration it caused. I allowed so many things throughout the 7 1/2 years that when I was finally done he couldn't believe it and I still can't believe that he doesn't understand why I cut all ties (besides the children). My sister had to remind me that I allowed so much throughout years that he wouldn't think this time would be any different and I can't blame him.

I understand what it is like to love a man and will just accept any piece of him he offers just to be with him. But what positive things are we really gaining from doing this???? There are none! When you hear someone saying "Know Your Worth" we really have to listen. We deserve nothing but respect, love, and everything you bring to the relationship the man should bring too. Think about it.... what will make you happy in your situation??????
 
KNOW YOUR WORTH LADIES!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment