Friday, June 22, 2012

Why Size Fabulous????

Why did I create Size Fabulous?

I have always been a plus size girl. My journey to love myself they way I am is similar to many. Growing up I never paid attention to my size until I got into high school. Even though I had the same friends since middle school, it was evident I was the "big" girl of the click. My girlfriends never treated me any different but others did. I was not approached by boys as much and when we went shopping I couldn't buy clothes from the same stores. I definitely had my moments when I was alone about my size and the obstacles I had to overcome.

Once I graduated from high school in 2004 and moved to another state my confidence began to grow. I met so many new people and got involved in various activities that taught me to embrace my size. However, it was never a secret that being a plus size women in certain aspects was unhealthy. After the birth of my first child in 2009 I was able to lose 60 pounds, which felt AMAZING. Unfortunately I gained it all back and some when I became pregnant with my twins in 2010. Trying to lose the weight again has been harder than before but I've never stopped loving myself and my body.

So recently I decided I wanted to start my own business. After many ideas of what it could be, I new I wanted to do something that was near and dear to my heart. I kills me to see other plus size women and girls not have the confidence and self-esteem I have. Regardless of size every woman should love the skin she's in. Women should still try to be as healthy as possible though and only try to lose weight to be healthy not skinny. I am still going through my weight lose journey that has had it's ups and downs, but I will still embrace my body.

With that being said, this is how Size Fabulous was developed. I hope to spread my knowledge and other resources to everyone I can. My blog will include messages from myself and interviews from other plus size women as well as fashion tips and info on the latest fashion trends.

Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment