Friday, April 24, 2015

I Signed Up for A Dietbet and FAILED!!!!

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!! I know, I know it has been a minute but just like the last time I am back. Sometimes we go through things in our lives that makes us take a step back to re-evaluate ourselves. It's good to take some time away to collect yourself and then get back into the swing of things. I have so much to update you guys on but I will share in different posts.

The first thing is I signed up for a Dietbet and FAILED miserably. I thought signing up for it would give me the push I needed to go harder and at first it did. In the beginning I was doing great, but life got the best of me and I slacked off and never reached my goal which meant I lost the $25 bet I put in. Was I mad about losing $25....Yes. Did I put in the work to get my money back......NOPE.

I can't be mad at the results I didn't get from the work I didn't do!!! See this is a problem for many people. We look for things we THINK will help when our current mental state is not where we want it to be. I thought this would push me a little but it didn't and I don't see it as a total loss. For me this was something that reminded me I need to get in the right head space to push myself toward my goals.

I will say that Dietbets are a fun way to loss weight with friends and meet new people that are on the same journey as you. Not to mention you either get your money back or get your money back plus more when you reach your goal. Here is how Dietbet works:

Someone creates the bet for either 4 weeks (lose 4% of your body weight) or 6 months (loss 10%)
The cost to bet is as low at $25 but varies depending on what the creator set it at
You join and pay your bet.
You must submit photos and weight which can be private
At the end you submit your final photos and weight even if you didn't reach your goal
Whoever reached their goal will split the pot

It's definitely something I will do again but I want to make sure I'm focused before I payout more money LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment